Thursday, May 22, 2008

Black Hills Fat Tire Festival, Day 1


I hooked up with Jason, Tom, Kevin and Mark in Mitchell SD, we then headed west to Rapid City in two vehicles.

We hit some nasty rain about an hour from Rapid............biblical rain..........never ending huge rain drops and wind. So much for taking a quick ride around Rapid when we got to town.

We arrived at the Festival grounds to find they had already closed sign up, but we got some instruction on what to do in the AM for our Mickelson Trail Ride.

We then headed to our campground.......the thought of setting up my pop-up camper in the rain haunted me.........but it had to be done!! Jason and I got the camper set-up in record time, while the Tom, Kevin and Mark moved into there cabin!!


We made a quick stop at Scheel's to buy some rain gear.......and then it was off to http://http//www.firehousebrewing.com/ for some burgers and brews!!


As I fell asleep to the pitter patter of rain drops on the roof of the camper........I dreaded the thought of riding in the rain!


No comments: